Thursday, January 15, 2009

Garden Bloggers Blooms Day

Following the crowd on this one and thought i would join in on the fun og Garden Bloggers Blooms Day this sligtly cooler 15th of January.

The blooms are, alas, not from the balcony garden (which totally awesome balcony sitter assures me that apart from a couple of tomato leaves the rest survived the recent very hot spell) but from my parent's garden in Adelaide where i am still staying. We recently had a very hot dry spell here too, so most blooms look a little worse for wear (or don't even exist as i remembered them!)

We have white and purple agapanthus (nothing kills agapanthus, well except me that one new years eve but shhhhhhhhhhhhhh)



alyssum



I have no idea what these flowers were (even though mum just told me!)





Roses



and some roses that were in the garden until yesterday, and would have died if it weren't for mum cutting them and bringing them inside.



Enjoy

3 comments:

Chandramouli S said...

What a beautiful GBBD! I love that nameless flower and of course, roses! I wonder how beautiful your garden would turn out into, this spring!

Anonymous said...

I keep seeing agapanthus randomly on my favorite gardening show and really wish I could grow it in the desert, but I know better! Thanks for giving me my agapanthus fix!

Carol Michel said...

It's nice you have some blooms wherever you are. Thanks for joining in for bloom day!

Carol, May Dreams Gardens