Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A Balcony Garden Salad

Take some lettuce and a cucumber



and chop them up nicely.



Procure some tomatoes (slightly riper than the ones pictured here)



unleash your inner artiste (sic) and arrange accordingly.



Add some sliced carrots (note these must be colour co ordinated.)



Et voila - one lovely little balcony garden salad to go with any meal you so desire. Sorry for the short post, but thesis is being a little needy of late. Stay tuned for a guest post from some unlikely folks in the next few days, and possibly an eggplant update!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Mmm, looks beautiful and delicious!

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Very pretty. I'll bet it tastes yummy, too. I'm 7 months away from home grown tomatoes so I will live vicariously through you! Good luck with that thesis...

Bangchik and Kakdah said...

Beautiful and it looks so fresh! ~bangchik

Ottawa Gardener said...

That does look yum. Wish I could do that!

SP8 said...

Looks great!
“Procure some tomatoes” sounds like an interesting blog post in itself ^_^

Dan said...

Looks tasty, I'm jealous!

Shaheen said...

I've jsut discovered your blog through another reader and am so pleased. I used to grow veg in small pots in my balcony, then I got an allotment where I am able to grow some of my own fruit and veg. Its make me grow aware of seasonal food.
I am so envious that you ae eating homegrown salad. Its freezing and snowing here in Scotland. BBBRrrrr.
Happy New Year to you.