Monday, February 15, 2010

Harvest Monday in Adelaide

Here is a little harvest post while I am on holiday in Adelaide. If you want larger harvest posts go visit daphne's dandelions! In case you missed it the first 500 times I said it, my Mum grows mortgage lifter tomatoes. They are my favourite, absolute favourite. Even though she and I disagree on when they should be picked we both enjoyed their amazing taste.



Served with feta, basil and olives - divine! Not sure what is being harvested on the balcony garden at the moment - I suspect some eggplant and green beans would be in the mix!

6 comments:

Ottawa Gardener said...

Seriously. Tomatoes. Jealous.

Can I say more?

Michelle said...

Gorgeous tomatoes, I'm jealous too.

Daphne Gould said...

I'll third that sentiment. I could use a fresh tomato right now. Just 4-5 months to go.

Meredith said...

Mortgage Lifter! I can't help it, I'm jealous, too. Enjoy on behalf of all of us Northern Hemishere gardeners who are salivating right now with only five months to go. ;)

Dan said...

The tom's look so good.

Anonymous said...

Nice harvest. Esp I like the color of that tomato. I just finished harvest one batch of marmande. Someday I would get to grow Mortgage lifters..

geekgardener.
http://geekgardener.in/