Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Basil Stripped Bare

Yesterday I posted about my little tummy ache from an over-indulgence of jelly beans. Methinks another soul had a bit of a belly ache the other day. Just before I left I noticed that a transplanted basil plant was looking a little naked, and on closer inspection realised he had been stripped bare - OVERNIGHT!!! Sid the snail (not the actual Sid but an aggrieved relative) must had inflicted this damage.


Hope his tummy hurt as much as mine! Luckily there is still some other basil around the balcony, or at least I hope there will be when I return. Speaking of basil, I don't have a pic of it yet but Mum's basil is absolutely thriving. It is almost a metre tall!

4 comments:

Funkbunny said...

Oh no! Damn those hungry snails...

Chandramouli S said...

Oh dear! Dang! Those pesky ones! Hope you have some basil left at your balcony. BTW, does Australia allow shipping seeds? Or is it just like any other country that wouldn't? Because I have lots of Basil seeds that I would love to share with you. Let me know.

Kalena Michele said...

Goodness! Snails down on Australia are hungry little buggers, yeah? Goodness!

Bumble Lush Garden said...

wow, I've never seen that before! what a shame, basil smells so lovely.