Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Visitorial

I've closeted myself away a bit while being sick and all and not wanting people to catch this nasty bug. Thanks for all your lovely comments and support on this blog, it meant so much! But now I am on the mend I am getting out and visiting places (starting with trivia at the Drunken Poet last night, with our team taking out 1st place!). I haven't been all alone though, luckily I had a few visitors to the balcony garden to keep me company in my week and a bit of illness.

Number 1 has visited before, and special housemate H took some pictures of him which I am still waiting on. He is a praying mantis, and we are in the process of coming up with a name for him. I'm thinking Marcel, but we will see. Sorry for the blurryness of the photographs, but you can only work with what you have, and the camera I have is still a sub par number.


Number 2 on the visitors guest book is the ladybug! He was happily cutting down the aphid population on the white hibiscus.



Alas one ladybug isn't enough and the garden is currently full of aphids, green caterpillars, snails and other nasties. You can tell they've been having ball in my smorgasboard of a garden!



I even found some scary yellow mites on the succulent, but they were quickly disposed of. Yay to being much better and hopefully posting more!

3 comments:

Chandramouli S said...

I hope those pesky pests don't cause much damage and more ladybugs come to your rescue!

Kalena Michele said...

That's wonderful! A praying mantis right there on your patio? I would love to have more beneficial bugs that look that cool in my yard. I am frequented by ladybugs though.

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Glad you're feeling better. I applaud your use of beneficial bugs. We do the same thing in these gardens with great success. And, ladybugs are so cute...