Monday, December 6, 2010

Harvest Monday

The harvests have been coming in thick and fast. They consist of quite a few things, zucchini, snowpeas, tomatoes, eggplants and more. Garlic is all out of the ground and drying on the window sill.



For fruits there are the last of the red currants and some strawberries, both wild strawberries and Kurawase strawberries.




and best of all the first tomatoes!



Zucchinis are a constant harvest and in two different colours. Eggplants are small but tasty and just as constant. Four different days, four different combos.






Snowpeas are at their end, as you can see these two got left on the bush a little too long.



For more harvests pop on over to Daphne's Dandelions for harvest Monday

8 comments:

Malay-Kadazan girl said...

Hi Prue, your garlic look so good. Ours are so much smaller compare to last year. Wow your container zucchinies are certainly providing you with a good harvest.

aline said...

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow /Hey thanks man!! you are so good. I think this the perfect work.
Kitchen Garden

kitsapFG said...

Garlic looks great and what an amazing harvest from your container garden!

Anonymous said...

Wild strawberries! I would love to have some now!

Dan said...

Very nice Prue! We had are first dusting of snow today, want to trade for the tomatoes?

Daphne Gould said...

Nice harvest. I'm always amazed you can get so much from a balcony.

michelle said...

Oh, tomatoes! I just pulled out the last of my plants yesteeday. :-(

I agree with Daphne, it is amazing how much you are able to grow on your balcony. Great job!

Lisa said...

JEALOUS!!!! I started my planting too late, my crops are nowhere near where yours are