Thursday, February 16, 2012

Balcony Garden Questions

I've been contemplating what to post about lately, given my last few posts have mostly been musings and pictures (delicious pictures in some cases.) I questioned myself about content, and how to get back to the good old days of this blog. What kinds of posts have been most popular (and not just the harvest posts which show the yummy produce.)

Google stats suggested these posts as some of the most popular of all time:

http://totallyineptbalconygardener.blogspot.com.au/2010/01/growing-tomatoes-on-balcony.html

http://totallyineptbalconygardener.blogspot.com.au/2009/06/indoor-tomato-experiment.html


http://totallyineptbalconygardener.blogspot.com.au/2010/11/imposter-broccoli.html


http://totallyineptbalconygardener.blogspot.com.au/2009/02/strawberry-spinach.html


These posts give the reader things, information, solutions, unique plants, ideas, and ripe tomato pictures! But how to go back to that type of content without rehashing? It was a question. My thesis had a few questions, which I answered, and thus provided information to an academic audience. Questions can be the key to investigation. I often ask myself questions about the balcony garden, my friends ask me questions, my family asks me questions and readers ask me questions. I usually have an answer for them all, but why not put it in print. Some of the questiosn are repeated and over the years I've learned my solutions and information which works some way towards answering them. Therefore I'm going to use the blog to answer some questions. Here are some of the questions I will post about in the coming weeks:

Why did I start gardening?
Should I start a garden? (YES!!!!! ... though what type is the next question)
How do I choose what goes in the balcony garden?
How do I deal with pests
My tomatoes died again ... is there any point in going on?
Trees, Vegetables or Flowers?
What do you do when you want to go on holiday?

If you have any other questions please add them to the comments and I'll do my best to answer them in a timely fashion.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Great idea! My question is this: what are some of the best varieties for growing in containers/a small space?