Monday, September 17, 2012

Harvest Monday of Champions

I guess I've been a bit busy sewing to remember to post Harvest Mondays. But it doesn't mean we've not  had harvests despite the chilly start to spring.

There has been a few small serves of snow peas, swiss chard, kale and broccoli (the last one isn't pictured, because my other half hates it so it is always seperate and mostly forgotten when the camera is about.) I'm using some more of the kale and chard tonight in a stir fry to use up some amazing pulled pork and to celebrate 10 months with my lovely other half.


I also harvested the last of the current crop of megapot carrots, though the bugs got more of these than me.


I am about to remove the broccoli and snow peas to make way for more tomatoes, so the harvests might be quite lena for a few weeks. That said there is some lettuce coming along and if the snails don't eat it all we will have basil soon. Here are the tomatoes just itching to get in the ground:


Want to see more substantial harvests? Head on over to Daphne's Dandelions.

4 comments:

kitsapFG said...

I am always so impressed with the amount of food you are able to produce with your container gardening. Well Done! Congratulations on your 10 month anniversary.

Daphne Gould said...

Beautiful kale.

Michelle said...

Good job Prue! You've got a lucky other half who gets to share the bounty from the balcony garden. Good luck with the snails.

Barbie~ said...

Dang snails. How do they get on our porches anyway? LOL